Tuesday 12 October 2010

Summer research

Over the summer as well as uploading a short video for the summer assignment I also researched into the technology behind certain cameras and their strengths and weaknesses. This stemmed from a brief discussion/debate I had with a friend who studies the same course at another University. The discussion subsequently motivated me to look into certain cameras, in particular the Red One. The Red One, has been the first choice for many directors recently shooting large budget productions, for example Green Zone, The Informant, Gamer, The book of Eli and more. One of the main reasons for the camera being so popular is down to it having a 4K resolution, creating a visually stunning picture.

Having found a video (which is below) on YouTube of the red one in action I was amazed at how detailed and crisp it looked, even with it being compressed on YouTube. I can only imagine what it would look like raw!
One question I ask myself, is the Red One an invention one step ahead of the competition or are the rest behind the technology curve?



(More summer research to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment