Friday 3 December 2010

The finished film, post production and evaluation

So heres the finished film:


Here I will document how I got here and what I did along the way

It's called "Contained" basically becasue the film starts of with a montage of dead plants and trees symbolic of the character who arrives towards the middle of the film. The character is holding a box throughout the film and only at the end do we see what is inside and it is ashes. The meaning behind the dead plant montage sequence at the start is to symbolise the death of something, and the shots of dead plants are often on their own composed within the image to show lownliness and an emptyness. The way they were shot also offered me some chance of colouring in post to make them appear contrast. Once the character walks into the scene you associate the meaning of the death and emptyness with him and make an assumption that he is carrying ashes. There is a downbeat feel to the film which I think worked well and I think I have achieved my aim at creating something I am proud of and that has meaning within the images.



Contained from Andy Stelmach on Vimeo.

Creating contrast and adding an orange tone to the film in post using Apple Color.





As you can see I lowered the blacks in the luma curve creating the contrasty feel to the images.

I also used the frame within a frame screen shot from Se7en and made my own shot like this:



The use of a box in the film was also influenced by the box at the end of Se7en that we assume contained Mills' wifes head.

No comments:

Post a Comment